X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amarok/xine problem

Hi all!

Im new to the forum.  I just build a pc and switched from suse to kubuntu dapper drake.  I am happy with the switch so far, accept for one issue...amarok doesnt work properly!

When I play mp3s, the song begins and plays normally for about a second, then the tempo speeds up slightly, to maybe 1.3X its usual speed and the song sounds like it is skipping to account for it playing to fast.  I ran amarok on my system with suse 9.3, 10.0, and 10.1 and had no such problem.  Does any one have any idea what could be going on?!

thanks,
    mike

Re: amarok/xine problem

Did you get this extracodecs package?
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install libxine-extracodecs
    That's if you're using the xine engine, if you're using the xmms engine, look for an updated package for that in Adept.

Will

Comment

Thank you for the reply.

I do have the extra codecs package, and xine is the only engine option i have. I tried install other engines to no avail. I think my only option is to compile from source, which i would prefer not to do. BTW system sounds are fine, and xmms plays mp3's flawlessly. How do i go about getting the xmms engine for amarok?

Mike

Comment

Well, I personally like the xine engine over XMMS, however, if you want to compile amarok from source. I'm assuming you know how to compile from source, if not, just repost and I'll give you the steps. However, the configure script with amarok gives you quite a bit of options.
        Typing:
        Code:
        ./configure --help
        well output all the switches and variables for compiling from source, such as XMMS, ipod support, MySQL or SQLite or Postgre.

Will

Comment

Working...
        X