X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting ALL dependent packages for an offline repo

Hey all, first post, be nice...

I've done a quick search but can't find what I am looking for. The situation is this: I have kubuntu running here at uni with a nice net connection. At home, I have just setup another kubuntu box but there is no net connection. I want to be able to install packages at home.

I have read about making CD and local repos but my problem is actually getting all the required packages (dependency hell!). I was using apt-get -d here at uni to pull packages down into a cleared out /var/apt/archives but the problem is this. The uni computer already has some of the required packages installed, so they are not downloaded. I cannot be arsed trundling down the dependency tree and getting packages one by one. Is there a way to force apt-get to download all the packages even if I already have them? I tried a reinstall flag, but no go.

Any other ideas

Cheers
    Pete

Re: Getting ALL dependent packages for an offline repo

I'm not sure that it does what you want, but take a look at "apt-zip". It's a way of fetching the packages that you need to install software on a Debian (read Kubuntu) box that is not connected to the network, by fetching them to a connected box (with wget) so you can write them to a removable medium like a usb key or zip disk.

Comment

Working...
    X