This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kerry Beagle doesn't work well

It's gotta be something I'm doing wrong. For some reason I can't get Kerry to find simple patterns in my home directory. I installed it via Synaptic and ran it for a few weeks so I'm sure it's had enough time to index files and such. This morning I tried searching for the string "AngryFruitSalad" using the "search in everything" option and it came up empty. I have a bunch of files under ~/.IntelliJIdea50/config/ that include the string either in the file name or in the contents. I'm attaching a screenshot of my kerry config.
    Attached Files

Re: Kerry Beagle doesn't work well

Your Beagle config doesn't indicate that you added the folder you're saying the files are in. And I don't know that Beagle indexes hidden files with them being specifically mentioned.

Comment

Ok, so I need to add hidden folders in my home directory explicitly? It doesn't index them otherwise? It does index all other subfolders in any folder mentioned right? I just added a couple of hidden folders and I'll see if that fixes the problem. How long does it take before new folders that are added get indexed? Does it index them immediately or does it wait for idle CPU time or something like that?

Comment

Re: Kerry Beagle - Angry at my Fruit salad!

It's still not working right. I'm attaching a screenshot including my search term, my config, and a konqueror window pointing to one of the files I expect to find in split screen with the right panel showing its contents. What's up??!!
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

kerry is just the frontend for the beagle daemon, so if you are having problems with queries, its really beagle you should be looking at.

The bug page for ubuntu is here : https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu...e/beagle/+bugs

I too had issues with beagle recently, it didn't seem to be adding new items to its index, so I hosed it and installed kerry and beagle from source, I've not had any problems since, and like it far better, as it has new features like indexing thunderbird email.

Also you could check out : http://www.planetbeagle.org/ to look at what the beagle devs have to say about new releases, and/or look at the beagle mailing lists.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
          X