This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

repository question

i'm new to kubuntu/deb so bare with me please.

there are some updates which i believe are/should be stable but i can't get the damn things to show up in adept. (i.e. openoffice 2.0.3). it just lists the previous versions i already have installed. i used source-o-matic to generate my sources.list.

am i wrong that they're just not "stable" yet? or is there a flag i'm maybe missing somewhere? or do i need to "enable unstable" by adding different repositories to my sources.list?

thanks
    <br />

Re: repository question

I just checked my Adept for the version. OpenOffice.org 2.0.2-ubuntu12.1. So, if 2.0.3 is out, it hasn't been updated on the repo's yet. If it was unstable, most likely it would be in the Universe repository. I have that repo uncommented, and 2.0.2 is still the latest. The source code is available for download from http://download.openoffice.org/2.0.3...&version=2.0.3
    I know you're new to kubuntu, but source isn't hard. Use the search feature on here to point yourself in the the right direction. If you have questions, you can always ask.

Hope this helps,

Will

Comment

There is OO-2.0.3 in the dapper-proposed repository, but I haven't installed it so I can't tell how stable/functional it is :P

Comment

i've been trying to compile from source but i've been having some trouble.  the system can't "see" gcc cuz it says there is no valid c compiler...
        with a friends' advice i did this and got:
        ldconfig: Can't stat /lib64: No such file or directory
        ldconfig: Can't stat /usr/lib64: No such file or directory
                libgcc_s.so.1 -> libgcc_s.so.1
                libstlport_gcc.so.4.6 -> libstlport_gcc.so.4.6
                libgccpp.so.1 -> libgccpp.so.1.0.2
        ldconfig -v | grep gcc
        and then:
        source /etc/profile
        but that didn't work either
        <br />

Comment