This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume Control, Firefox Icon

Hi, I recently uninstalled kubuntu-default-settings (I was experimenting), but when I rebooted, the panel was weird (in some way that I don't remember), so I reinstalled kubuntu-default-settings. Unfortunately, all the applications and applets on the panel were gone; only kbfx was left. So I put everything back with one exception: I couldn't figure out how to get the volume control applet. There was sound mixer but that one's ugly and it's not the default kubuntu one. I think kmix is default, but I can't get it on the panel. Any help would be great.

Another issue is the firefox icon. The firefox icon is plain globe, but I want the one with the fox and the globe. My current icon theme is Crystal Clear, and in the Crystal Clear icons folder, the firefox.png image is the one I want, but for some reason it doesn't show.

Thanks

Re: Volume Control, Firefox Icon

My kmix volume control icon disappears periodically, I've probably spent countless hours trying to make it stick until I came up with a Fantastic Fix. Right click on the panel, then click on "Add Application to Panel">Multimedia>Kmix. You'll get a little black loudspeaker with green soundwaves above it. When the volume control icon disappears form your system tray, click that little black and green thing and BINGO, it's back.

I'm afraid I can't help you with the firefox icon, I like the blue marble.

Comment

Working...
    X