This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu radio

I think it may be a bit OT in the kubuntu forum, but since i have a Dapper installed mught as well try.

I have this idea for my home, I want to set up a sound server that transmits my MP3 all around the flat 24/7.

Wireless is a bit pricey, so I thought of this solution. I could make the server transmit on a radio frequency the MP3 and then put radios in all the rooms all set on the same channel. This way even my radio alarm clock would wake me up at the sound of My Mp3's.

I repeat. I do not have an idea if it can be done. I googled around, found some hints, but nothing concrete.

Anyone has an idea if it ca be done?
    &quot;Those are nice moments M&#039;lady.&quot;<br />&quotelightful indeed!&quot;

Re: Kubuntu radio

Yeah, just buy a wireless transmitter like you would see for an ipod/mp3 player. Plug that into your sound output on your soundcard, set it to your favorite frequency, then set your stereo reciever to the same frequency and viola, instant sound. The wireless transmitter is < $20.00 at your favorite electronics store. The only downside, is they run on AA or AAA batteries. As far as the sound quality/transmitting distance, I am unsure. But your idea is definetly possible. I've had my ipod on a wireless xmiter before and it worked great on my boombox outside.

Will

Comment

Thaks lad, at least I see it is possible.

Would you mind define a wireless transmitter? I never heard of any of those. What does it look like?
      &quot;Those are nice moments M&#039;lady.&quot;<br />&quotelightful indeed!&quot;

Comment

Here's one for example:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1056899518024

You can also search for others on bestbuy.com. You can get them from about any electronics store. It runs on FM waves.

Will

Comment

Again thanks a lot^_^
          Will keep you informed mate ^_^

Comment

Working...
          X