This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ghost of korganizer

Just thought I'd post this to see if it has happend to anyone else. I uninstalled korganizer through the add/remove programs and as soon as I was done it showed up in the system tray. I right clicked on it and shut it down, then looked it up in synaptic and it was indeed uninstalled. So how was it in the system tray if it was uninstalled?

BTW no it was not running before I uninstalled it, as I never use it.

Re: The ghost of korganizer

Did you simply remove it or did you Completely Remove it? When you remove a package, you don't neccesarily remove all the files that it makes after it is installed. I'll bet that if you start Synaptic and click on Status, you'll find that korganizer has left some breadcrumbs that you're going to have to get rid of by marking it for complete removal.

Comment

Originally posted by askrieger
      Did you simply remove it or did you Completely Remove it? When you remove a package, you don't neccesarily remove all the files that it makes after it is installed. I'll bet that if you start Synaptic and click on Status, you'll find that korganizer has left some breadcrumbs that you're going to have to get rid of by marking it for complete removal.
      LOL why is it peeps always want to blame the user whenever software screws up? Just for your knowledge I always do a complete removal both by manual and automatic means in both windows and linux.

Comment

Originally posted by morikaweb
        Just thought I'd post this to see if it has happend to anyone else. I uninstalled korganizer through the add/remove programs and as soon as I was done it showed up in the system tray. I right clicked on it and shut it down, then looked it up in synaptic and it was indeed uninstalled. So how was it in the system tray if it was uninstalled?

BTW no it was not running before I uninstalled it, as I never use it.
        Are you sure the process wasn't running before you uninstalled (I think kontact starts it automatically)

The removal scripts often don't kill any running processes even though they remove the files (so the ghost could just be an 'orphaned' process).

Has it been started after that instance (after you removed the app and killed the process)?

Comment

Working...
        X