This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

automaiclly connecting and package manager

Hi, I have Dapper 6.06 and things are working. Dapper detects my wireless network after i go into the wireless assistant, is there any way to get it to detect and connect to the wireless network from the boot up?
    Also how do i access the package manager ( like synaptic/kynaptic ) and enable the user repositories?

Thanks:<br />Using a Toshiba A300-21H ,3GB ram,Intel Core2Duo 2Ghz,Mobile Intel® GMA 4500MHD,intel wifi link 5100. Tux wants you!

Re: automaiclly connecting and package manager

Synaptic is not installed by default. Find Adept; it should be in your System submenu. Use Adept to install Synaptic. To enable repositories, go to the Settings, Repositories of your Synaptic menu. Enable the Universe and Multiverse repositories by adding them to the Sections line in the Repository list, then ticking the checkbox. Click Reload, and after a few seconds, if you look at your status bar and see 18,885 packages or some such available, you're good to go.

You may be able to install Synaptic from the commandline. Open a konsole, and issue the command:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install synaptic
    HTH

Comment

Working...
    X