This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kde Sytem Tray

I'm trying to improve my desktop ,and the way i work with it.I want reduce the number of desktop : 3 instead of 6.Doing this i want to have more apps manage by the system tray.
    So i run into a problem with certain of these apps.I'm able to dock firefox,konsole,vmware. But application like Kjots,Konqueror(here maybe it's foolish but why not),Kate won't dock and eventually crash.
    Does anyone could point me on the right direction.I have been googling around ,read bunch of post etc..Maybe i'm too tired but i'm stuck.

Re: Kde Sytem Tray

I'm presuming you're using the "Place in System Tray" option in the Menu Editor?

You could also try to use some apps that lets you dock applications into the system tray. alltray and kdocker (NOT kxdocker) are two apps you could try.
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

sorry to reply so late but somehow i didn't receive an email.I changed the option hopfully it will work this time.Anyway .Alltray and kdocker are not in univers,Kdocker as a rep but it doesn't seems to work at the moment.
      I could use the deb pkg but i like to have my system all in sync .So i don't have to worry about updates.I will keep an eye on Kdocker it seems to be more mature with more functions(not too much activity on sourceforge page).hopefully the rep will work again.

Thank you for the pointers.

Comment

Oh yeah, sorry about the mix up. I got those two from a separate repository. Sorry about that.
        Jucato's Data Core

Comment

actually i would be glad to have these repo if they work, i don't mind as long as they will update...

Comment

Working...
          X