Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Full Screen" video functions dont work right.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Full Screen" video functions dont work right.

I have a 16:9 ratio monitor, when using a program in windows, like winamp, to play a standard 4:3 ratio video or movie, I get the 'little black bars' on the left and right of the video, because its not the right size to fill the screen.

The same videos 'stretch' to fill the extra space in all the linux media players that I have tried (MPlayer, Kaffine, Totem, Xine, etc...), This results in everyone in the shows gaining about 30 pounds :P

Is there a solution to this? A way to force it to NOT stretch to that extra space?

I have tried using all of the Aspect Ratio options in these programs, from Square and TV to Widescreen, none of them work, and when I choose the widescreen option (even on a widescreen movie!) it makes it...even more wide screen if you can imagine that (it shrinks it vertically and stretches it horizontally, like it doesnt realize I already have a widescreen ratio)

How do these media players initalize fullscreen mode? Does it get info from xorg.conf? Is there a way to check the actual resolution that its in? Maybe its putting it in a non 16:9 ratio? If so, how would one stop that?
Working...
X