This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making Kpdf the default again.

I downloaded Adobe Reader, I uninstalled it, yet now Kpdf does not automatically load when I choose a pdf file.
    How do I make Kpdf the default, so that it will load when I select a pdf file.?

Re: Making Kpdf the default again.

Originally posted by gnarly
    I downloaded Adobe Reader, I uninstalled it, yet now Kpdf does not automatically load when I choose a pdf file.
    How do I make Kpdf the default, so that it will load when I select a pdf file.?
    Open kcontrol from "run command" (cuz I don't know system settings too well) then go to "kde components" and "file associations" and write pdf, click on it and make kpdf default again with the options to the right of the window.

Have fun.

Comment

Re: Making Kpdf the default again.

That was straight forward, easy when you know where to look. Many thanks for your time.
      I used Adept to remove Adobe pdf. then tried to view a pdf file, now nothing works automatically. Is there something I am missing here.?

"kpdf" will not automatically open when I select a pdf file from the net with Firefox (1.5.0.5)
      In Preferences I go to "Downloads" - "Download Actions" - "View & Edit Actions". In the "Download Actions" window I find under Extensions -"PDF", File Type - "PDF file", Action - "Open with (and nothing else here).
      When I go to "Change Action" window how and what do I enter, (I am assuming the first option "Open them with the default application") in this space is the correct one.? At present this is selected yet there is no text in this pane.
      I am also wondering if the same would apply for "Thunderbird" as I have the same issue there.
      If anyone can help me with this that would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
      X