This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flash Frustrations

I installed Kubuntu a couple weeks ago, and so far I am liking it. I have a few things that are very frustrating, however.

I cannot get Flash to work in any of my browsers no matter what I try. In Opera, the flash videos freeze after 2 seconds every time. In Firefox, there is no sound, and in Konqueror, there is sound, but it is out of sync by a few seconds. I have searched, but can't find any solutions. Keep in mind that I am basically a newbie, so be patient!!

Thanks in advance for all advice.

Re: Flash Frustrations

i am not sure about Opera or Konqueror but for firefox, i used this to fix the problem.

sudo apt-get install alsa-oss

sudo kate /etc/firefox/firefoxrc

FIREFOX_DSP="aoss"

for some, aoss may not work (like for me) so i put auto instead.....

Comment

Sorry, but that didn't work for me. When I set it to "auto", the video plays, but the sound is out of sync badly. When I set it to "aoss", the video freezes after 2 seconds like in Opera.

Any other suggestions?

Comment

nope sorry.....
        this maybe?http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...sound+problems

Comment

Originally posted by Drenhead
          Sorry, but that didn't work for me. When I set it to "auto", the video plays, but the sound is out of sync badly. When I set it to "aoss", the video freezes after 2 seconds like in Opera.

Any other suggestions?
          Go to Kmenu > System settings > Sound and Multimedia
          Uncheck 'enable the sound system'
          Apply and restart firefox, try playing a flash video now. Let me know if it works for you, it worked for me. It doesn't affect playing movies/mp3, etc. You shouldn't notice its even off.

I should also add that I installed flash by going here and follwing the instructions exactly:
          http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/downl...Platform=Linux

When I first installed flash and tried to play there was no sound so I used the above trick and it works perfect now.

Comment

Working...
          X