This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Managing archive files and integration

I have two burning questions this morning. First of all what happened to konqueror integration with archive files (zip, tar, jar, etc)? I used to be able to walk right into these files just by clicking them. (Konqueror would go into embedded ark mode automatically). I'm sure there's a setting somewhere that I goofed but I don't know where. Second and more important question: Why can't I update archives with ark? I have a need to be able to drag neware versions of files and archives located within archives. In essence I want to be able to treat the archives as folders. I used to be able to do that at one point but the integration was scketchy. (Jars wouldn't work like zips and I don't think I could walk too many levels deep into nested archives.)

Re: Managing archive files and integration

For the first problem, don't worry. You didn't do anything wrong. This was a new Kubuntu default setting, which is a bit... weird, to say the least. To return the previous archive behavior, go to /usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde-profile/default/share/mimelnk/application and move the files there somewhere else. You could also just delete them, but you might want to put them back some other time in the future.

Unfortunately, I have no idea about the 2nd problem.
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Re: Managing archive files and integration

Thanx that helps tremendously! Maybe it was roller that used to let me write to archives. I'll have to check that out again.

Comment

Working...
      X