Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to post about out of date repositorys?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to post about out of date repositorys?

Just wondering who I should contact/where I should post about repositoriess I find that are out of date? The app I'm trying to get right now is snes9x but all there is in the repositorys is 1.43, wheres the latest version is 1.5 which contans massive improvement over the considerble older 1.43. BTW before anyone says I will dl and compile myself, just want to know where I should post stuff like this?

Re: Where to post about out of date repositorys?

A package request perhaps? I'm not sure if Launchpad.net has such a feature.

There are some possible reasons why a packages is quite "out of date" in the repositories:
    1. The new version was released after the "feature freeze". This is a period in the development of a new release where new versions or new features are no longer accepted.
    2. The new version has some dependencies that might break the system or whose dependencies are newer versions that didn't make it. (see #1)
    3. No one is available to maintain newer versions. Almost every package is assigned to a particular team or person for maintenance. If no one is willing or is available to include/maintain the newer versions, the older version will probably just be kept.

I'm not 100% sure about these things, though, as I'm not a developer. These are just based on my observations and a little reading here and there.
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Working...
    X