This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KMobileTools Setup Problems

Hi. I have succeeded in copying files in both directions between my pc and my mobile (Sony Ericsson K800i) using Konqueror. I have also succeeded in using Gnome Phone Manager to send a text from the pc through my phone via bluetooth. I need KMobileTools for all the phone management stuff - sending/receiving and storing texts, and most importantly for me, synchronisation of organiser data. When I open KMobileTools I get this message:

An error occurred while initialising mobile phone device.
    Check your configuration and try again.

I have read the suggestions at the KMobileTools site.. this is the output from my terminal on doing the commands that are suggested..
    [user]:~$ sudo mknod /dev/rfcomm0 c 216 0
    Password:
    mknod: `/dev/rfcomm0': File exists
    [user]:~$ sudo ln -s /dev/rfcomm0 /dev/mobile
    ln: creating symbolic link `/dev/mobile' to `/dev/rfcomm0': File exists
    [user] hcitool scan
    Scanning ...[lists the device with its MAC address in the form 00:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX]

[user]$ sudo rfcomm bind 0 [MAC address]
    Can't create device: Address already in use

I feel as if I'm near to sorting this and using KMobileTools but need to sort this issue. Any help greatly appreciated.

Will

Re: KMobileTools Setup Problems

Ok, well I got some advice from the kmobiletools irc channel (address on the kmobiletools website). After discovering that I have bluez-utils, I waas told that I should start this ( /etc/init.d/bluez-utils start ) and this turned on sdpd and hcid (I assume this means hci and sdp device respectively). I am not absolutely sure that this was what did it, but I think it was. I did get an error message when I started up kmobiletools, but ignored it. Then I changed the entry in 'mobile phone device' in the settings from /dev/mobile to /dev/rfcomm0, since I noticed that there isn't a /dev/mobile entry in my /dev directory. It is working fine now. I can send and receive calls, send texts (sms) etc, and receive the data from my mobile phone's address book. I can synchronise too, but I haven't yet worked out how to (or if I can) send information from the computer (kde address book for example) to the phone.

Comment

Working...
    X