X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adept

Hi
    i guess i did something wrong, in a big way. I have searched the forum, but couldn't find an answer, so if it has been asked before i am sorry.
    I am fairly new to kubuntu, but it seems that didn't stop me to break adept.
    my problem is, whenever i want to install a package adept wants to remove 1192 packages. any idea why?
    thanks in advance
    anost

Re: adept

Hello again
    after a good nights sleep I went fault finding and found the following problem.
    libc6 Broken (installed) Break (no change)
    same with libc6-dev and libc6-i686.
    What happened was i tried to install boson 0.12 wich was looking for cmake 4.2.1, wich in turn was looking for libc6 2.3.6-6. when trying to install libc6_2.3.6-6 it all went the way it is now.
    Kubunt itslef still works fine, but adept or apt-get doesn't.Any ideas of how to rectify my mistake would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks to you all

am running Dapper with KDE 3.5.4, latest kernel on an i386

Comment

Re: adept problem solved

Hello , it's me again
      after more searching i have found a cure for my problem. as apt-get didn't work i kept searching for answers, found it googling. i ended up using "sudo aptitude install synaptic" and this, before installing asked to downgrad libc6 from version 2.3.6-19 to 2.3.6 , i answered yes and voila, all is well again.

This will , hopefully, teach me to be more carefull with things i don't know
      but knowing the human spirit, it will not stop me from making mistakes again

Thanks to all the great help from all on this and other forums

anost

Comment

Working...
      X