X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kmenu not displaying all sections

Hi,

This is probably a dumb question but I have gotten almost everything as I want it to be but the Kmenu seems to be missing a few sections. When I go into Kmenuedit I find that all the sections are there yet when I click on K Menu I find that anything above Graphics is not shown... How do I get it so it shows all the sections and not just a snapshot as it sems to be doing?...

Many thanks in advance.

Farvesh.

Re: Kmenu not displaying all sections

K Menu doesn't display sections that don't contain any programs. For example, if the Games menu doesn't contain any programs in it, it won't display.
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Ahhh I see - thanks for the advice. Although I did install 3d chess which hasn't turned up in the menu.... I will check this out... Many thanks.

Comment

Thanks again - you were absolutely right. Installed some games and edutainment stuff from synaptic (don't like adept after hanging on installing vmware player) and sure enough after a restart it worked. Cool thanks again!

Comment

2 packages you shouldn't install using Adept: vmware-player and Sun Java (sun-java5-bin). All the rest will do fine.

You don't need to restart in order to update your menu. You can just either:
          1. Log out and log back in again
          2. or type this command in Konsole:
          Code:
          kbuildsycoca --incremental
          You only need to restart when you upgrade or install a new kernel. That's what Linux is quite famous for. Even if some programs hang, or even if the whole desktop hangs, if the keyboard still responds, you don't need to restart the computer.
          Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Working...
          X