X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PATH variable for Konqueror

Hi,

I need to use JDK 1.6.0 for my project. So I downloaded the self-extracting binary from SUN's website. Then I extracted it to /usr/local/java.

I modified the PATH variable in /etc/profile to use the JDK installation. New version is used by konsole, but not by konqueror. Is there another place where I should put the change for PATH? How do I make the new version to be used when executing commands with Ctrl+E in konqueror?

Re: PATH variable for Konqueror

In Konq, Settings>Configure Konqueror>Java&Javascript>Java>"Java Runtime Settings">"Path to Java Executable"

Comment

I think u misunderstood my query. I'm not asking about java plugin. I want to know how to include it when running commands by pressing Ctrl+E.

Comment

Hello
        I also use jdk and I put all variables on .bashrc
        It,s works prefectly for me.

If you want to type java file , javac file ... anywhere, you only need a simbolic link to your java , javac ... into a directory included in your PATH for example in /usr/bin

if you have installed it on /usr/local/java it would be
        cd /usr/bin/
        ln -s /usr/local/java/jre/bin/java java

Be carefull kbuntu install java for default, there is a java simbolic link on /usr/bin you have to override it
        Bye.

Comment

Thanx ghotam. I too thought of it. I just thought of having both versions in. Anyway, I'll go ahead and over ride the old version.

Comment

Working...
          X