X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compose Key only works with GNOME apps

Hi everyone,

I'm sure most of you are familiar with the "compose key", that lets you type accented characters and the like.  I use it very often, and only just noticed that it doesn't work at all in any of my KDE applications, as far as I can tell.

Up until now I'd been using Firefox primarily, which is a GNOME program, and since switching to Konqueror (it's a lot faster and better integrated with KDE), I've realized that I can no longer type any accented characters.

I find this very frustrating, because I frequently use them, and having to go into Gaim or some other GNOME application just to copy and paste into the KDE program is very cumbersome.

I doubt it makes any difference, but I use my right Windows key as my compose key.  Other than changing it so that's the only compose key, I didn't do anything special; I just set it up in System Settings.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might go about fixing this?  It's important that I get this to work.

Thanks for reading!

Re: Compose Key only works with GNOME apps

I thought that keyboard stuff was set at the X level not at the desktop environment level, but I could easily be wrong. You could investigate xmodmap and xkeycaps (which is a kind of gui frontend for xmodmap).

Comment

Working...
    X