This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theme applying problem!!

Hi everbody. I usually login as root to my Kubuntu Dapper Drake box and when I wanna apply a new icon theme or window decoration there is no effect!!!! But if I login as regular user then I can apply all themes ) .
    what is the problem folks?
    Thank in advance.....

Re: Theme applying problem!!

Logging in as root is generally a bad idea.....
    someone could write a simple code and clean you out.....

staying in root is 5x worse than using Windows.....

Comment

Installing themes is user specific. So, while you were logged in as a regular user and applied a theme, you wouldn't see the changes as root, you would only see it as a regular user. In order to change the theme as root, you must also change the theme while logged in as root.

I will second the idea that running as root is a VERY BAD IDEA.

Comment

Of course that I apply themes as root but no effect. When I was applied same themes as regular user then it works.

Comment

Try running the theme changing application via the command line, apply the theme, and watch the command line to see if there are any errors. Post anything you think might show an error.

Comment

First of all thanks for replies..
            My problem is solved but I couldn't understand how is it done
            I tried to change the themes with theme changer utilities (systemsettings-->Appearance) in console so that to see any errors. I have only one but I dont think that it is the source of my problem.
            Here it is :
            systemsettings: WARNING: KLocale: trying to look up "" in catalog. Fix the program

Comment

Working...
            X