This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compatibility Issues???

Okay, I know my way around linux and all and I know that I need an active internet connection to install most programs and the such. But you can usually find the packages inside and install CD. I tried this (as I won't have internet for 18 more days) and for some reason it install but it will not run. All the games and programs I want show up in the menu (almost called it the start menu there) but when I click on them they do not run or respond with an error in any way. Im trying to install that games from ubuntu 5.10 cd into Kubuntu 6.06. Is this possible? Also how do I get all the programs that dissappeared between live and installed version off of the CD?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Compatibility Issues

Try running the games from the cli and seeing what the output is.

Also, try verifying that the packages actually installed and what files it installed to. Try running the files that you actually know are installed by examining the contents of the package. (Kpackage is quite good for seeing what packages are installed and what files are in those packages).

Comment

Working...
    X