This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backup using 'Keep' app?

I have tried to use the backup app Keep for the first time and I get a long list of errors. I tried uninstaling it and then reinstalling it (using package manager) but this has not changed anything. I cannot see any comments about other packages which are also needed, but I guess that some related packages are missing.

'Keep' looks like a very, very useful app and I would really want to get it working. As easily as possible..... :-)

I would appreciate any pointers please.

tia

Re: Backup using 'Keep' app?

Can you post the long list of errors?
    Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

Re: Backup using 'Keep' app?

Thanks for the response.

Strange things:
      I initially tried using Keep with a temp directory containing one file, and got the errors. (error list is note 1). However, since your response gave no hint that this was an ongoing unresolved problem, I tried yet again, but now created another testing directory containing a pdf file. To my happy surprise, it seemed to work, and certainly gave no errors.

I looked again at the original test and noticed that the file to be backed up is a binary, in fact an incomplete download of an iso file. So I wonder if a [filename].iso.part file is too ambitious for this type of backup, anyway I can live with this apparent limitation if that is what it is.

Thank you again for your interest.

========================
      Note 1:
      errors from trial of Keep app:

An error occured making /home/user-demo/temp backup:
      Exception 'class ErrorLog has no attribute '_log_inc_rp'' raised of class 'exceptions.AttributeError': File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/rdiff_backup/Main.py", line 295, in error_check_Main try: Main(arglist) File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/rdiff_backup/Main.py", line 315, in Main take_action(rps) File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/rdiff_backup/Main.py", line 271, in take_action elif action == "backup": Backup(rps[0], rps[1]) File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/rdiff_backup/Main.py", line 328, in Backup backup_final_init(rpout) File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/rdiff_backup/Main.py", line 430, in backup_final_init ErrorLog.open(Time.curtimestr, compress = Globals.compression) File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/rdiff_backup/log.py", line 216, in open else: cls._log_fileobj = cls._log_inc_rp.open("wb", compress = 0) Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/bin/rdiff-backup", line 23, in ? rdiff_backup.Main.error_check_Main(sys.argv[1:]) File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/rdiff_backup/Main.py", line 295, in error_check_Main try: Main(arglist) File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/rdiff_backup/Main.py", line 315, in Main take_action(rps) File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/rdiff_backup/Main.py", line 271, in take_action elif action == "backup": Backup(rps[0], rps[1]) File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/rdiff_backup/Main.py", line 328, in Backup backup_final_init(rpout) File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/rdiff_backup/Main.py", line 430, in backup_final_init ErrorLog.open(Time.curtimestr, compress = Globals.compression) File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/rdiff_backup/log.py", line 216, in open else: cls._log_fileobj = cls._log_inc_rp.open("wb", compress = 0) AttributeError: class ErrorLog has no attribute '_log_inc_rp'
      ========================

Comment

Working...
      X