This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shutdown Options When Running in Compiz Session

Hi, I'm using Kubuntu 6.06 and I have recently successfully setup up XGL/Compiz by using this guide at http://noiesmo.dnsalias.net/article....60602173658632. My only problem is due to the fact that I setup a separate session to run XGL/Compiz, which I prefer however. When my computer first starts up it by default starts my "Compiz" session. However, in KDE, when I go to logout, I am only given the option of "End Current Session" rather that "Shutdown" or "Restart" like I had in my original KDE session.

Lately I have been using "sudo reboot" or "sudo shutdown -h" now instead, but it is kind of a hassle for the other people using my computer that don't like to mess with terminal.

If anyone has any ideas how to add the Shutdown and Restart options to my KDE XGL/Compiz session, I'd greatly appreciate it because I tried posting the same questions at ubuntuforums.org but I didn't receive any answers.

Thanks again!

Re: Shutdown Options When Running in Compiz Session

Dont get your hopes up, cos I dont know the answer. All I can say is I have the same setup and saw the same thing. Did you try posting on the dedicated fourm www.compiz.net? Didnt do me any good (theyre ****ing useless over there) but might be worth a try.

Only thing I can think of is to run gconftool-2 (I think thats what its called) and see if theres an option there.

Not running on an nVidia by any chance are you? Any problems with the desktop not redrawing properly? I cant use compiz cos of that and nobody could offer any suggestions to fix.

Comment

Working...
    X