X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kbfx themes

Hi.
    I just installed kbfx, but the applet doesnt appears to be added in the taskbar, i install it using adept.
    It appears in /usr/share/apps

But ..
    how can i install kbfx themes?

Re: kbfx themes

Have you: right clicked on the panel-ad aplet to panel...-click on the KBFX Spinx and you should get the KBFX button and menu.

Comment

To instal KBFX button themes, click on the kbfx button and select 'change the settings' then open each of the buttons (normal, hover, pressed) from the images you want to use for the kbfx button. To install a menu theme make a folder in your home directory and name it 'kbfx_themes' and extract the themes in that folder. From the KBFX settings menu go to themes and enter the location of the kbfx_themes folder under 'Install new theme' and then you should be able to look at the installed thems drop down menu and select your theme. After all this you must reload the spinx menu and then you should be able to see your themes. (go to http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=44062 for a nice button theme and http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=43720 for a cool Kubuntu menu theme)

Comment

sorry these instructions are for if you downloaded it from www.kde-apps.org not from adept. I have also tried to use adept and it doesn't work real well I sugest you go to the website look up "kubuntu kbfx" download the .deb package and install it manualy, then you will be able to use my instructions

Comment

Hello

I installed KBFX from KBFX website Ubuntu/Kubuntu .deb file. everything installed with no errors or issues. I made a folder in my home folder for the themes. Went to KDE-Look.org installed two themes and 2 launch buttons themes. Opened up kbfx config window installed a new launch button no problems. Than tried to install a new theme input path to new theme it shows up click apply and reload but it wont change stays the default. Tried this on both new themes. I have looked at KBFX website and forum to find a answer but nothing there to help me. I hope someone here can help.
          Registered Linux User #418555<br />Kubuntu User #9254<br /><br />aptosid 2010-01 Xfce / aptosid 2010-01 KDE-Lite<br />Debian Wheezy Xfce / Kubuntu 10.04<br />aptosid 2011-01 Xfce / aptosid 2011-01 KDE-Lite<br />Debian Testing Gnome<br />Debian Sid Gnome<br />Epidemic 3.2<br />ALL pulseaudio free by default

Comment

Hi

Since no one had any input I kept tring to figure this out tring to change the theme. Well I ran into another KBFX conf. window in system setting > appearance and got it to change the theme works ok now. So instead of using change the settings from the launch menu go to system setting>appearance and KBFX is listed on the left click on it and the conf. window will be there.
            Registered Linux User #418555<br />Kubuntu User #9254<br /><br />aptosid 2010-01 Xfce / aptosid 2010-01 KDE-Lite<br />Debian Wheezy Xfce / Kubuntu 10.04<br />aptosid 2011-01 Xfce / aptosid 2011-01 KDE-Lite<br />Debian Testing Gnome<br />Debian Sid Gnome<br />Epidemic 3.2<br />ALL pulseaudio free by default

Comment

Working...
            X