This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KDE 3.5.4

Has anyone come up with a sulotion to the language-pack-kde-engb package being uninstallable, thus making the kde-i18n-engb unupgradable?

Comment

Originally posted by morikaweb
      Has anyone come up with a sulotion to the language-pack-kde-engb package being uninstallable, thus making the kde-i18n-engb unupgradable?
      Yes, has anyone gotten a fix for this yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Gezzer
        Originally posted by Kory
        Originally posted by yaztromo
        Also my monitor now goes blank after a period of time, even though the screensaver is off.
        Yeah, same problem for me, even with a fresh install. Screensaver's off, power-saving settings are off.

What else (and why) would be blanking the screen?
        i have power saving set to disable but to stop the blanking of the screen i changed the screen saver time to 30 then hit apply then i disabled the screen saver

this seems to have cured the blanking that was occurring ...
        After this little problem and a couple other annoyances with 3.5.4 I went back to 3.5.3. Came back up to 3.5.4 recently and am having a similar, but much more annoying problem. Nothing like searching the web and finding your own posts. Cosmic.

Anyway, I fixed the screen blanking with 'xset s off' and it worked great. Recently upgraded and now whenever I lock the session, it resets the screen blanking. Grr.

But your post helped. I enabled the screen saver to start automatically after an hour, applied, then disabled. Then it would still reset the timeout, but now it was resetting it to a different time. Not anything that you could figure to be 60 minutes, but it was a change. So I set (then disabled) the auto-screensaver at 9999 minutes. Reset to a higher number. Set to 99999 and now it's properly (kludge) set (and stays) at zero.

Comment

After installing KDE and switching between KDE and Gnome, I was experiencing some issues so I just downloaded the latest kubuntu cd and did a fresh install and immediately upgraded to KDE 3.5.4 and my system couldn't be running any better!

Comment

Working...
          X