This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KDE 3.5.4

Performed the upgrade. Only had a single hitch and that was with KAudiocreator. The system said that it was unable to write to the file even though nothing was accessing the file (or should have been). I told it to continue, it did and completed. On re-boot I went into synaptic and it said that my KAudiocreator was broken. I told it to re-install the package and it did without errors.

All appears to be normal. All settings have been retained. All kicker apps have been retained and everything appears to run normally.

YEEAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kubuntu 11.10<br />KDE 4.7.3<br />Athlon XP 2000<br />512 MB RAM<br />ATI 64MB Video<br />~11 year old system still kicking :&gt

Comment

I did the upgrade and all went smooth except the kaudiocreator package. Not a big deal just fixed it with dpkg --configure -a and then ran adept a second time and grabbed the new package.

PDR60

Comment

a work around that worked for me ...
        remove the kubuntu default settings
        upgrade to kde 354
        then after a restart (new kernel)
        re-install kubuntu default settings ...

if using the gb repositories change them to uk ...

Comment

I did it
          Finally i can discover the problem
          one thing its to update, another thing its to upgrade, and another thing its to install
          with the last step (apt-get install kde) i have kde 3.5.4.
          But...whats the diference?
          I can't see anything different than kde 3.5.2
          rmemeber, i have Dapper.
          so.. whats the difference ? kde 3.5.4 was very expected by many people, but...
          whats the real difference?

Comment

All the changes are documented on:

http://www.kde.org/announcements/cha...5_3to3_5_4.php

Travis
            &lt;a href=&quot;http://ubuntucounter.geekosophical.net&quot; title=&quot;The Ubuntu Counter Project - user number # 9255&quot;&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://ubuntucounter.geekosophical.net/img/kubuntu-user.php?user=9255&quot; alt=&quot;The Ubuntu Counter Project - user number # 9255&quot; /&gt;&lt;/a&gt;

Comment

Differences between minor releases (3.5.1, 3.5.2, etc.) are usually bug fixes and a few small feature additions. They're nothing big like a change from 3.4 to 3.5 or from KDE 2 to KDE 3. Still they're sometimes worth the upgrade.
              Jucato&#39;s Data Core

Comment

I have just upgraded to 3.5.4 after seeing that the warning not to upgrade had been removed.

However I do not have any entries in my taskbar - no K menu, no KPanel, etc etc

Anyone know how I can restore these entries?

Comment

You can add them back by right-clicking on the panel and choosing Add Applet to Panel.

Look for these and add them:
                  K Menu
                  Taskbar
                  Desktop Preview & Pager
                  System Tray
                  Clock

Those are the basics.
                  Jucato&#39;s Data Core

Comment

I also did the upgrade, bi adding the sources to sources.list...
                    All went fine, but after the update, antialiased fonts are gone and it looks ugly, for example in konsole.
                    Anyone has any idea?

Comment

Check to see if sub-pixel hinting has been deselected by the upgrade:

System Settings -> Appearance -> Fonts -> Configure -> "Use sub-pixel hinting"

Make sure it is selected.

Originally posted by mkuse
                      I also did the upgrade, bi adding the sources to sources.list...
                      All went fine, but after the update, antialiased fonts are gone and it looks ugly, for example in konsole.
                      Anyone has any idea?

Comment

Works now. Subpixel hinting was enabled. But I had to reset Font settings to Defaults, I think this was because of something old in my kde config...

Comment

Everything seems to work. Only glitch in the update was with the kaudiocreator mentioned above. The screensaver broken in 3.5.3 works again.
                          AMD Sempron 2800 | 1 GB | Geforce 4 Ti 4200 | Kubuntu 8.04

Comment

- Dragging windows in KPager now works flawlessly again.
                            - Konqueror no longer crashes with CNN.com

Something's weird though. The media:/ KIO slave no longer displays unmounted partitions. However, it also doesn't show the other partitions once you mount them.

CDs still appear/disappear normally.

FLAC support for Amarok 1.4.1 still seems to be broken.
                            Jucato&#39;s Data Core

Comment

I have install KDE with the upgrade method, but now I can't see the DISK & FILESYSTEMS utilities, because an error occurred.
                              I have to udgrade this module ?? How I can make this ??
                              Thanks

Comment

Have you tried rebooting?
                                Jucato&#39;s Data Core

Comment

Working...
                                X