X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kpersonalizer gives me black screen

Hello

After I upgraded Dapper to have KDE 3.5.3 I used kpersonalizer after I did a "sudo aptitude install kpersonalizer". Now the wallpaper on the desktop is gone and there is only a black screen where the wallpaper should be. The icons that were on the desktop are gone too. There is only the kde panel showing now. Plus the settings I chose in kpersonalizer seem to be largely ignored by the system.

I can't use the "run command" Action in the taskbar nor can I get a right click menu on the desktop.

I'm finding that the desktop wallpaper appears for a couple of seconds (and the run command screen can be visible) when booting up but it disappears when the black screen takes over.

Could that have been caused by kpersonalizer and is there a way to fix this?

When I first used kpersonalizer I just type "kpersonalizer" in Konsole, i.e. without kdesudo or sudo.

Thanks

Re: kpersonalizer gives me black screen

Hello

I found out there is a bug in kpersonalizer that turns your sessions black. I found it mentioned here:

http://ervin.ipsquad.net/index.php/2...our-core-day-6

I wound up doing a fresh install of Kubuntu 6.06 with kde 3.5.3 and without kpersonalizer

Have fun

Comment

Re: kpersonalizer gives me black screen

Hi,

Maybe you should just remove the config files of kpersonalizer, I guess in ~/.kde/share/apps or ~/.kde/share/config to save you from reinstall...

Cheers

Comment

Working...
      X