This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amarok Visualizations

I'm trying to get visualizations in Amarok 1.4.1 working however, despite my efforts, it's still greyed out under Tools>Visualizations.
    I've tried installing libvisual0.4 along with libvisual plugins to no avail.
    I'm using the xine engine.

I'm using Kubuntu 6.06 LTS

How does that item get enabled?

Re: Amarok Visualizations

Originally posted by ondre
    I'm trying to get visualizations in Amarok 1.4.1 working however, despite my efforts, it's still greyed out under Tools>Visualizations.
    I've tried installing libvisual0.4 along with libvisual plugins to no avail.
    I'm using the xine engine.

I'm using Kubuntu 6.06 LTS

How does that item get enabled?
    I have the same problem. anyone at all with an answer?

FOUND THE ANSWER:

I installed XMMS and some of its visual plugins and now amarok has visualization.

LOST the ANSWER:

I upgraded to 1.4.1 and now the visualizations are gone again. this is reidicules.

Comment

From what I recall reading, as of 1.4.1 you need libvisual0.4 and libvisual0.4-plugins. Though, the only ubuntu packages I could find were for edgy, the rest was 0.2.

Comment

Originally posted by ondre
        From what I recall reading, as of 1.4.1 you need libvisual0.4 and libvisual0.4-plugins. Though, the only ubuntu packages I could find were for edgy, the rest was 0.2.
        Ok found the 0.4 ones and installed them. didn't help.

Found the .deb files here http://people.freedesktop.org/~tpm/l...al-dapper/0.4/

maybe you can get it working...

Comment

I am having the same problem, does anyone know the solution?

Comment

As a matter of fact, I compiled the source for Amarok 1.4.2 beta1 and I was fine

Comment

Working...
            X