Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do I find the Macromedia flash package?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do I find the Macromedia flash package?

I have both Konqueror and Firefox. I'm looking for the "flashplugin-nonfree" package but can't find it anywhere. I have checked all the default repositories and even added some suggested ones.

I prefer not to install it manually. Besides, I'm not sure what directories Firefox and Konqueror reside in so, I can't complete a manual installation.

Re: Where do I find the Macromedia flash package?

Did you click on "Fetch Updates" (or ran "sudo apt-get update" if you're using the command line) when you changed/added to your repositories?

Could you post the contents of /etc/apt/sources.list so that we could verify if you have the correct repositories?

Thanks
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Re: Where do I find the Macromedia flash package?

I found it in a repository, downloaded it and tried it out. The flash player worked in Firefox but there was no audio. Then, I searched the forums and found a supposed fix that involved downloading some sort of OSS wrapper. The fix worked for flash sound but It completely screwed up the ALSA settings for KDE. I couldn't figure out how to fix it so I did a complete reinstall of Kubuntu. For now, I'm going to avoid installing Flash...I heard Flash v9.0 will use Alsa, whenever that comes out.

Originally posted by Jucato
      Did you click on "Fetch Updates" (or ran "sudo apt-get update" if you're using the command line) when you changed/added to your repositories?

Could you post the contents of /etc/apt/sources.list so that we could verify if you have the correct repositories?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X