X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

application launch order

I have two semi-related questions.

Firstly - I use KNetworkmanager on my laptop to connect to various wireless networks. KNetworkmanager wants to use KWallet to store its passwords - is there a way to turn this off so I don't have to enter the KWallet password every time on boot up to connect to a network?

Secondly - I also have KCheckGmail in the system tray which tries to connect while I am typing in my KWallet password to launch KNetworkmanager which results in it always failing to connect - is there a way to delay the launch of KCheckGmail or get it to delay trying to log on?

Many thanks for any help or pointers.

Re: application launch order

Yes to the first.

you can disable the wallet (select basic access), unfortunately I can't remember exactly how I did this, but I know it can be done. Bit of a noob to kubuntu I'm afraid.

I think you want System Settings.,... Security & Privacy.... untick Enable KDE Wallet

that probably will solve both problems since you won't need the wallet opened anymore.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Xena.

I found the setting just where you said but unfortunately, it looks like the KNetworkManager people have made it so that the only way KNetworkManager will remember logon details is via KWallet - if you turn off KWallet, KNetworkManager will not automatically connect to a network and the only way to connect is by manually typing in all the details.

Comment

Maybe you could try a basic wallet set up, where it doesn't prompt you for the password? I'm fairly sure that's possible (don't *know*, however).

After that, I got no more suggestions. Good luck.

Comment

The KWallet password can be set to blank. Then you don't get prompted for it and KNetworkManager can use it to store WPA keys. However, I still have a problem in which KNetworkManager won't automatically connect to a "trusted" network at boot time. I still have to select it manually from the list, but I don't get prompted for any password.

Comment

Working...
          X