This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird desktop problem

Ok.. I like Kubuntu a lot. But now I'm getting irritated because very often the files I keep on my desktop just disappear. For example if I just click some icon on the desktop it's like everything freezes and disappeares. Everything is working (like the panel) but all the icons and stuff on my desktop are just gone. I have to log out and in again to get my desktop back. I'm using KDE 3.5.3/Dapper on a iBook machine. Anybody recognise this problem? (sorry about my poor english).

Re: Weird desktop problem

You could try this (I don't know if it will work)

right click desktop>icons

click align to grid and lock in place.

john

Comment

Originally posted by Merak
      Ok.. I like Kubuntu a lot. But now I'm getting irritated because very often the files I keep on my desktop just disappear. For example if I just click some icon on the desktop it's like everything freezes and disappeares. Everything is working (like the panel) but all the icons and stuff on my desktop are just gone. I have to log out and in again to get my desktop back. I'm using KDE 3.5.3/Dapper on a iBook machine. Anybody recognise this problem? (sorry about my poor english).
      I have the same problem. I have reinstalled multiple times and I still have it. It's just like you said, you click on something - normally when I right click to bring up a menu - then the desktop just freezes. You can't click on anything then the icons disappear.

I'm interested to hear if there is a solution to this.

Comment

Originally posted by OU812
        You could try this (I don't know if it will work)

right click desktop>icons

click align to grid and lock in place.

john
        Just tried this, but no luck. It still happens. And yes, this seems to happen also to me when I'm right clicking the icons on the desktop. Thanks for the tip anyway.

Comment

Working...
        X