This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little Adept problem ifo.

I tried t load vmware useing Adept. Adep seemed to freeze during the preperation phase so I clicked on Details "I think it's Details" A window poped up asking me to accept the licence agreement but I could not click on, or select "okay".

I got out of Adept and tried to get back in but it kept telling me there was another instance open. (Sound familar?) I wound up using a terminal and enter apt-get clean and apt-get autoclean. After entering those commands it told me there was a problem and that I had to enter dpkg --configure -a. That cleaned things up and completed the vmware install.

BUT after there were updates to do. One was for vmware. I did it and the same thing happened

Re: A little Adept problem ifo.

i just had the same exact problem except not with vmware.....
    a reboot solved it.....

Comment

It's happened to me before also. And a reboot has fixed it. But THIS time was different. Infact, I wound up having to do the update with an "apt-get update" and an "apt-get upgrade". This was the only way I could get at the proper screens to enter the required responses.

So far, vmware is the only program I know of that has done this but I seem to recall other posts with simalr problems that a reboot didn't fix.

Comment

lol.....
        i see now after trying it myself.....

Comment

Working...
        X