This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mozilla Firefox Help!!

I just downloaded Kubuntu as a previous user of Ubuntu and I can't find a way to download Mozilla Firefox. I tried going to their website but all they gave me was a tar.gz file and I don't know how to handle that file...or any file for that matter. So would someone please help me download Firefox onto Kubuntu? I am running 6.06. Thank you!!!

Re: Mozilla Firefox Help!!

Go to Adept and search for firefox in the filter.

Alternatively, go to KMenu > System > Konsole and paste this command in:
    Code:
    sudo aptitude update && sudo aptitude install firefox
    The other option is to use this install script to get the Mozilla version (as opposed to the Ubuntu version).
    Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

Originally posted by aysiu

Code:
      The other option is to use this install script to get the Mozilla version (as opposed to the Ubuntu version).
      Trying to get firefox in Adept results in a red "BREAK (install)" message. Does this eventually get fixed ?

Comment

Hmm... that's not supposed to happen. What error messages do you get when you use aptitude/apt-get to install firefox (just don't confirm the installation, just copy-paste whatever error message appears).
        Jucato&#39;s Data Core

Comment

okay everyone thank you for your input, but i figured out how to do it. basically all i had to do was update my repository list and then go to the terminal and say:
          Code:
          sudo apt-get install firefox
          and that was it. but thank you once again for your time

Comment

Originally posted by aysiu

Code:
            i tried it but when i click on the firefox executable file it doesn't start.

Comment

Working...
            X