This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to us.archive.ubuntu.com

Adept failed today to get headers so I switched to apt - get update. It hangs on us.archive.ubuntu.com for a while then reports "connection timed out".

I assume (Damn I HATE to assume.) that the site is down for maintainence. Is there anyplace to check is for scheduled maintaince or status on repositories?

Re: What happened to us.archive.ubuntu.com

I'm running into the same thing. Set time aside today to finish making changes to my K; but oh well. I hope that the problem is the server being down, and not something I overlooked.

anyone else running into this?

Comment

This seems to happen on occaision, so there are two options: Wait a bit, aond (after waiting) you can try changing "us.archive.ubuntu.com" to simply "archive.ubuntu.com" in your sources.list

Comment

Thanks Claydoh. It worked.

Comment

I am trying that suggestion as well. Before I started asking this question, I search for server status on the website or for a post in the forum from the admins. There many related posts here and a lot of traffic on IRC. Seems like it would save alot of heartache to either put it on the website or in an announcements section of the forum.

Comment

Oops!

In trying to get adept to recognise changes, as I was experiencing this issue, I appear to have accidentally deleted what I think is one of the main archives.

Is there any way I can replace the starting archive list?

Thanks

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by The Liquidator
              Is there any way I can replace the starting archive list?
              You can get a 'clean' sources file from here:
              http://psychocats.net/ubuntu/sources.php
              (it includes plf repos and the canonical commercial repos, so it's not exactly the same as a vanilla sources.list, but take what you need from it)

You can also create a brand new customized sources.list with source-o-matic
              http://www.ubuntulinux.nl/source-o-matic

Comment

Brilliant! Done, thanks

Comment

Working...
                X