This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Adept

I'm sorry if this is not the correct forum...

The problem is, when i start up Adept, the program says that another instance of Adept is already running when I can't find the window (ie. when it's blatantly false).

Please render aid. Thank you.

Re: Problem with Adept

Hit ALT+F2 and type in "ksysguard" Look down the list of processes for a running instance of adept. Maybe a previous run didn't close out entirely and is still showing up as active, preventing you from running a second instance.

ksysguard is one of my favourite tools sometimes.

Comment

ctrl+esc will just open ksysguard, no need to alt+f2 run it.

Comment

Bad news. It doesn't appear on ksysguard. What is the file name of adept?

Now Konversation (IRC chat client) won't stop appearing on startup.

Comment

Ooooooooooooooo ... thanks for the shortcut firephoto. Me likey shortcuts!!

Comment

disable sessions if you don't want the programs you were using at shutdown to open at boot. I'm still unable to use kubuntu for a while (and for those who read my thread, I will not be getting my laptop back for next week, unfortunately)

in Konqueror, go to settings:/ (one colon, one slash) and poke around, I think the module is session manager, choose the radio button that deals with disabling sessions.

also, for killing adept, try these commands:
            Code:
            sudo killall adept
            sudo killall apt-get
            sudo killall dpkg
            <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

Thanks for the answers.

Now, I have another problem. After downloading the packages, Adept displays this message:

"There was an error commiting changes. There was probably a problem downloading some packages or else the commit would break packages."

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertX
                Thanks for the answers.

Now, I have another problem. After downloading the packages, Adept displays this message:

"There was an error commiting changes. There was probably a problem downloading some packages or else the commit would break packages."

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
                I have been getting the same problem. Read http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=7159.0 ; after all that I've been trying to install the packages on which the "BREAK (install)" packages depend (why? in the vain hope that it might help...). The "Requested" says it's going to "install", but then I get the error you get. I too am at a loss. It's a bit of a bugger when you know _something_ is wrong, but you don't know how to find out _what_.

Comment

Working...
                X