X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

login screen

Hi,
    I have tried to change the default login screen (where it asks for ID & PW using -> system settings -> login mgr. I clicked -> admin button-> made my changes (changed backgroud color, have clock displayed, and added login pic) -> and then hit applied. All seemed to go without any errors. I restart the Xserver and/or reboot, but it never changes. I still get the default login screen.
    What am I missing here?

Thx

Re: login screen

open a konsole and type kdesu systemsettings and try to change the login screen that way. If it doesn't work, the konsole should spit up errors.
    <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

Re: login screen

I think the problem is that kubuntu uses kdm themes by default, editing the standard kdm login dialog in systemsettings has very little effect on themed kdm.

Your options are:
      1. Find a nice kdm theme (www.kde-look.org is a good place to search) and install it manually or with kdm theme manager

2. Disable themes in kdmrc to get the standard login dialog that you can edit easily, but lose the eye candy from the themes.

I know my instructions aren't exactly 'step-by-step', if you have no idea what I'm talking about I can post more detailed instructions :P

Comment

Working...
      X