This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quick question (I hope)

Where do I go to solve the following problem. To the best of my (limited) knowledge I don't have adept (or anything else) running. This is the notice I get when trying to enter adept after writing my password.

You will not be able to change your system settings in any way (install, remove or upgrade software), because another process is using the packaging system database (probably some other Adept application or apt-get or aptitude). Please close the other application before using this one.

Errol

Re: quick question (I hope)

Please refer to my answer to True_Friends adept problem just below yours. As well as the answer I have given there you can also list your running processes - find apt and kill it

Comment

I went to the topic you suggested, tried the solution to no avail. See the post there
      Errol

Comment

Can you open konqueror at all? this sounds like a separate issue. basically to go back to your adept problem, if a lock file has been left open from a previous apt session you need to remove it and you need to have root permissions to do it - you can do that anyway you like - from any file manager - or from the console using midnight commander or just using the sudo rm command from the console

Comment

Working...
        X