This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TeamSpeak and No Sound

I just now got my sound working, thanks to a few Gurus on the IRC. Now I have another dilemma. In TeamSpeak, you have to select a sound driver. When I select the Default Network setting, all sound in Linux works besides in TeamSpeak. When I select /dev/dsp, the only sound that works is TeamSpeak. I heard that this is an incompatibility with TeamSpeak and OSS or ALSA OSS or something. Please advise.

Re: TeamSpeak and No Sound

I'm having a similar problem. Except when I choose the Default Network setting, I get no sound from TS.

This link provides much information but the solutions seem like unacceptable hacks to me.
    http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/...ge=HOWTO+Sound
    Teamspeak is an older program and does not use ALSA. It uses OSS...and OSS apps do not share sound devices. The How-To basically suggests a few half-assed work-arounds for this problem. The best solution (in theory) they came up with is to use an ALSA-OSS wrapper to run TeamSpeak. However, I tried this solution and it didn't work for me.

I sincerely hope that TeamSpeak3 will be released soon...and will support ALSA

Comment

Working...
    X