This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

baghira sidebar (solution)

For those who, like me, got frustred by the fact that baghira-theme shipped with kubuntu does not have konqueror baghira-sidebar, here is a little how to that shows how to get it working. If you google a bit about this issue, you will find some topics saying that you can get the kwin-baghira from debian unstable repository, but that is not so simple in Dapper Drake (I dont know in Breezy), I run into a lot of dependency problems Well, after some time I had a simple ideia that worked like a charm (maybe not the better one, but...).
    Well, everything I done was just get the .deb file from debian unstable repository, unpack it and copy by hand the files needed.

PS: I'm assuming you are running a i386 machine!

carlos@zaphod:~/baghira$ wget http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/ma...507-2_i386.deb
    carlos@zaphod:~/baghira$ alien -t kwin-baghira_0.7+cvs20060507-2_i386.deb
    Warning: alien is not running as root!
    Warning: Ownerships of files in the generated packages will probably be wrong.
    Warning: Skipping conversion of scripts in package kwin-baghira: postinst postrm
    Warning: Use the --scripts parameter to include the scripts.
    kwin-baghira-0.7+cvs20060507.tgz generated
    carlos@zaphod:~/baghira$ tar -xzf kwin-baghira-0.7+cvs20060507.tgz
    carlos@zaphod:~/baghira$ su
    Password:
    root@zaphod:/home/carlos/baghira# cp usr/lib/kde3/konqsidebar_baghirasidebar.* /usr/lib/kde3
    root@zaphod:/home/carlos/baghira# cp usr/share/apps/konqsidebartng/add/baghirasidebar_add.desktop /usr/share/apps/konqsidebartng/add

Done!! Now when u restart konqueror, you will have the option to add the baghira sidebar. The only problem with this is that you create three files in the filesystem that is not mapped into any package, but I think that is not a big problem..

That is it, I think this helps someone!

Carlos Barros
Working...
X