This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

corel draw files

Does anyone know how to convert coreldraw files (.cdr) so that they can be used in Kubuntu, this is one of the last things that keeps me from changing comletely over to Kubuntu. They are several layers that have to be edited and different text put in for printing. Thanks in advance, I have checked the web but no help there

Re: corel draw files

Can you convet them to a file format that gimp can read before you move to linux?

Comment

The problem with converting the images to some other format is that you will most likely lose the layers.

The only way that I can think of to do what you want is to take each corel file apart and save each layer as a separate file in a format that the gimp, (or what ever program your using) understands and then put them back together and saving it in the gimps native format. This could become a heck of a lot of work and probably won't work for images the have semi transparent layers because the will become opaque and not blend well.

Another solution might be to use wine and try to install the Corel program on Kubuntu.

Comment

Can you preserve the layers using the tiff format?

Comment

I have the same issue, but my problem is that I have been using corel draw for years & have over 3000 files.......

I believe xara have a corel import filter & if so I hope they use it in xaralx, I have already started to use this program along with a few others in place of corel & photoshop.

BTW I use pixel 32 for my "photoshop" stuff.

If there is a solution to the Corel files, good bye windooze...

Comment

Working...
          X