This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IBM T23 Display problem

Heya foks.  I searched for IBM + display, but I couldn't find the same problem I'm having.  I'm about 4 hours old with using anything (K)ubuntu, so you'll have to excuse me if I sound like a virgin with this stuff.  I am!

Anyways, I ran LiveCD 6.0.6 on my laptop, and it worked great, albeit a little slow (it was reading off the cd, so that was to be expected).  I liked what I saw and decided to go ahead and run the full install, right over Win2k.

During the LiveCD portion, everything was great.  Display was 1024x768, which is the max the video card can go on this laptop.  However, after the install, the largest I can get it to go is 640x480.  For some reason, after entering the administrative mode, I can't get it any higher.  This is actually a brand new problem that just occured as I was typing this.  Before that, the largest I could so was 1024x5xx (some inane number) but it wouldn't fit the screen properly.  I have to use the mouse to pan around the screen to get to anything.  I'm a little baffled as to why it would work properly in LiveCD and not in the full install.

Sorry for the horrendous length of the post and thanks for any help!
    www.djdarknez.com
Working...
X