X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kubuntu noob question :-/

I've only very recently switched to kubuntu and managed to f*k up my system
    Using kcontrol, I clicked on Appearance&Themes, Theme manager and tried out the various themes. After that I wanted to go back to the default settings, as kubuntu was installed. I didn't know what the original theme was, so I asked someone who knew a bit more about kubuntu what to do. He said: 'throw away your ~/.kde folder and all settings will be gone'. So that's what I did. After that everything seemed fine, apart from one thing... Adept now looks like this:
    [img width=400 height=316]http://www.weseman.net/foto/adept.png[/img]

This means that I cannot read every odd line as the black text is on a black background. Does anybody know what to do now? (except reinstall everything )

Re: kubuntu noob question :-/

No one??
    Ah well... I found out myself. It occurred to me that because adept is started using a root account, the kde settings from the root account apply. Here's what I did:
    Code:
    sudo mv /root/* /home/kubuntu/root_old
    When I started adept again the colors where right.

After that I slowly copied the files back and finally noticed that the fault was in /root/share/config/kdeglobals

So the next time your colours are off in an application that is started as root, first try to move /root/share/config/kdeglobals to a safe location and start up that application again.

Comment

Working...
    X