Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Successfully installed firefox with simple script. Thx Aysiu!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Successfully installed firefox with simple script. Thx Aysiu!

1. I live in Vietnam. So I downloaded my Kubuntu installation disk from the Korean mirror (fast & nearest to Hanoi). All worked fine until...

2. Konqueror is OK but I prefer firefox because of extensions. So, I download firefox with adept.

Result: I have firefox with Korean menus....
    I want just plain English menus!

Anyone knows how to resolve this?

Re: Downloaded installation disk from Korean Mirror > Now I get Korean Firefox

You need to install your locale (language-support-vi) the korean firefox package if it's there (mozilla-firefox-locale-ko)

Comment

Re: Downloaded installation disk from Korean Mirror > Now I get Korean Firefox

I DO NOT read Korean. Language support for Korean is unchecked, so the problem is not there.

I want just English menus, but SOMETHING is telling firefox I want a Korean version. What could it be?

Comment

Re: No, I do NOT want KOREAN firefox! How can I get the English version?

Instead of using the repositories Firefox, use this script to install the latest Mozilla version. It asks what language version you want.
        Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

Re: No, I do NOT want KOREAN firefox! How can I get the English version?

Extremely grateful for this.
          This kind of script is definitely a good way to keep Kubuntu users on board.

It worked perfectly.

I got this at the end: "Previous command did not complete successfully. Exiting." (attached is my terminal run)
          Then I noticed the "6 updates" icon on my desktop > clicked it > it installed six things
          And then....... Hooray! I've got an English menu firefox!!

Mille Grazie Aysiu - Can you walk on water too?

Cheers, CDR

Attached Files

Comment

Re: Successfully installed firefox with simple script. Thx Aysiu!

I didn't write the script, but I'm glad it worked out for you.
            Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

Working...
            X