This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error on command line 'Qt::VBoxLayout'

Since moving over to Kubuntu 6.06, I see the following error a lot (usually after installing using apt-get install)

DESTROY created new reference to dead object ' Qt::VBoxLayout', <> line 1 during global destruction.

Some weird QT-related destructor thing, but I don't really know what it means or how to fix it.
    Anyone else?
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Dont pretend you havent noticed my cardboard box, Julia, because I know you have!

Re: Error on command line 'Qt::VBoxLayout'

I have the same situation, but unfortunatelly I don't know what I should do with this.

No ideas?

Comment

Not sure if this is related, but for compatibility with some custom SW, I have added the following to my /etc/environment file and so far haven't seen the Qt::VBoxLayout message since:

Code:
      XKEYSYMDB=/usr/share/X11/XKeysymDB

Dont pretend you havent noticed my cardboard box, Julia, because I know you have!

Comment

Originally posted by devnulljp
        Not sure if this is related, but for compatibility with some custom SW, I have added the following to my /etc/environment file and so far haven't seen the Qt::VBoxLayout message since:

Code:
        XKEYSYMDB=/usr/share/X11/XKeysymDB

I added this code, but I have this line all the time...

Comment

Yes...me too. I didn't see it for a day or two there after altering that setting, but got it again today when apt-getting. I couldn't see how the two would be related anyways...anyone else got any ideas?

Comment

Hi there,

had this same problem myself, after installing EasyUbuntu... How many of you found your problems begin around the time you did that... Details of the fix can be found on the ubuntu forums...

Comment

Nice work...thanks
              FWIW here's the fix:

Automatix/EasyUbuntu reconfigure debconf to use kde.
              So, the fix involves reconfiguring debconf.

Code:
              sudo dpkg-reconfigure debconf
              A box appears, change interface to "dialog"

Comment

Working...
              X