This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amarok upgrade problem

Just fired up adept to see if there is any solution to the broken dependency thing with libcairo2 - and there was some other upgrades/updates, one of which was amarok.

So now, if I try to run it, I try to play a track and just get an error dialogue box that says that theres no "audio channel" available and it won't start playing whatever track is randomly selected.

This isn't correct, because I get all the system noises, some games and stuff, plus I'm currently listening to some tracks with Juk so how do I work out whats occuring with Amarok - which is my prefered media/music player ??

regards

fatbloke
    What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away! Tom Waits.

Re: Amarok upgrade problem

I got a similar errormessage after upgrading to Amarok 1.4.1:

Error Loading Media
    There is no audio channel!
    file:///....flac

The error is limited to playing flac files, my mp3 files are still playing fine. Before I used Amarok 1.4.0 which was working without a problem.

Hope somebody could suggest a solution.

Ivo.

Comment

Ha! Yes that hadn't occurred to me, but yes all my music is also in flac (I have a Rio Karma so can make full use of flac format).

regards

fatbloke
      What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away! Tom Waits.

Comment

I just upgraded to 1.4.1 and I'm having the same issue. I upgraded so that I could have mms/wma etc, but I'd rather be able to play flacs than streams. Wouldn't it be nice if everything worked though Anyone have any clue how to resolve this?

Comment

Originally posted by centyx
          Anyone have any clue how to resolve this?
          Seems like it's related to a bug in Xine. Upgrading to 1.1.2 should solve this. Haven't tried that yet, though.

For further information: see  http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=210683

Comment

Right now I'm listening to a flac file on Amarok 1.4.1

I just merged  this patch with the current Dapper version 1.1.1+ubuntu2-7.2.

I'm not an experienced packagebuilder at all, but at least it works for me. You could try it by downloading at least my file at underneath link "1", then give the command:
            Code:
            sudo dpkg -i libxine-main1_1.1.1+ubuntu2-7.2+patch1_i386.deb
            After this you'll need to restart Amarok.

Hope this helps others as well. But of course best would be an official patch in the (k)ubuntu repositories.

1: libxine-main1_1.1.1+ubuntu2-7.2+patch1_i386.deb
            2: libxine-dev_1.1.1+ubuntu2-7.2+patch1_i386.deb

Comment

Hi I can't download your patchs under your links. could you fix that?
              Thanx

Comment

I just fixed the links. You should be able to download them now.

Comment

Thank you ivomans. Your patch solved my aramok problem too.

Comment

Thanx
                    To install your packages you have to force the debs, anyway it works good!
                    Thanx so much!

Comment

Working...
                    X