This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dpkg can't read an ftp site it needs!

Hi! Well i think this is about the only urgent message i've yet sent.
    I was installing a program called "setiathome" when the server this package was on decided not to respond. I had to kill dpkg. So now, apt-geh wants me to use the command "dpkg --configure -a" to fix the problem. Only problem is, when i do this, it just tries to download the file again - of course, it continues to have the same problem! i can't use any other package manager until this stops! (it won't let me)

Could someone help me get dpkg to stop trying to install this known undownloadable package?

Thanks! any and all help greatly appreciated!

NOTE: the name and message have been re-worded to better match the situation as i found out some additional information recently.... though the problem persists.

Re: dpkg can't read an ftp site it needs!

I think the command is:

sudo apt-get clean

Comment

Originally posted by jakykong
      I was installing a program called "setiathome" when the server this package was on decided not to respond. I had to kill dpkg. So now, apt-geh wants me to use the command "dpkg --configure -a" to fix the problem. Only problem is, when i do this, it just tries to download the file again - of course, it continues to have the same problem! i can't use any other package manager until this stops! (it won't let me)

Could someone help me get dpkg to stop trying to install this known undownloadable package?

NOTE: the name and message have been re-worded to better match the situation as i found out some additional information recently.... though the problem persists.
      Go to the seti@home web site and down load the program, its a self installing file. Install instructions for linux are on the web site.

The old seti@home client has been replaced with boinc.

don

Comment

Originally posted by coolclassic
        I think the command is:

sudo apt-get clean
        thanks! that fixed the problem...

Comment

Originally posted by dglock
          Originally posted by jakykong

Go to the seti@home web site and down load the program, its a self installing file. Install instructions for linux are on the web site.

The old seti@home client has been replaced with boinc.

don
          and a good suggestion. Thanks. Though will it work with ksetisaver?

Comment

Working...
          X