X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OpenOffice 2.0.3

Hi,

Being new to the Kunbuntu way of doing things, can somone please tell me if the new 2.0.3 release of OpenOffice will be placed into the repositories for updating as a deb package?

Or do we download the tar file from OO and do it ourself?

Its just I am a bit of a disater creator on the command line....

Cheers

Re: OpenOffice 2.0.3

You can try to do it yourself if you would like. I would not do that in my opinion, but what I would do right now is just wait. I am in the same boat as you, as I want the new version also. I am sure it will eventually get up to the repos, however all of the development team is working hard on Edgy right now. I am sure someone will come along and post an Ubuntu package for everyone. You can keep an eye out on KDE-Apps. Someone there might just do it for us. I could also make it my first package for Dapper

If I see or hear anything, I will let you know, as there is a guy on IRC that just happens to work for Sun/OOo. Maybe he can tell me something. I will get back to you on this, or if someone does it post a link for us!!!
    Richard Johnson (nixternal)<br />Core Developer :: MOTU :: MOTU Council :: Community Council<br />https://launchpad.net/~nixternal<br />http://www.nixternal.com

Comment

Don't feel alone, Alec. Command line disaster-area. Also, three beers and "must upgrade EVERYTHING". Totally agree with nixternal, just wait a bit and it will be in the repos. Won't be too long, and it will be worth the wait.
      Cheers
      Lowey
      I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Sorry for the delay as my connection has been down for a while.

I will wait as advised.

Comment

Working...
        X