This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repeating keystrokes for no reason [help please]

I hope some of you can help me, for no obbbbbbbbvious reason at all and at seemingly random times and with different keys and differeeeeeeeeent programs i get repeating letters (any key really), its not my keyboard and im not hoooooooolding the key too long, I even did a clean reinstall of kubuntu yesterday to try and fix it and it worked great aaaaaaaaall day yesterday and today until I turned it back on 20 minutes ago.

so I was wondering if anyone elssssssse had ever had this problem and/or how to fix it, its getting very annoying backspacing every 5 words or so, I have left all the mistakes in thissssssss post so you have an idea of exactly what isssssssss happening

Thanks alot for all your help

Re: Repeating keystrokes for no reason [help please]

I've got the same problem! I have a Acer Travelmate 4000 with Kubuntu 6.06. What kind of computer do you have?

Anybody a solution for this?

Comment

Check you clock. Is it running faster than it should? (Enable the show seconds so you can see it better). I had the same problem and I noticed that my clock was running twice the normal rate.

Adding noapci to the kernel parameters might solve the problem.

To do that, run the command 'kdesu kwrite /boot/grub/menu.lst' and find the line that begins with 'kernel'. Add a space and then 'noapci' and reboot. See if that helps.

You can also just alter the speed of the keyboard for kde. That will also keep the keys from repeating but is a band-aid rather than a cure.

Comment

Don't know if it is the same problem but I cured a repeat problem by going to keyboard in system settings and increasing the time laps between pressing the key and any repeat.

Comment

Working...
        X