This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konqueror - Default Profile

I have created a profile in Konqueror and when I open Konqy I want it to default to that profile. How do I do it?
    Kubuntu 11.10<br />KDE 4.7.3<br />Athlon XP 2000<br />512 MB RAM<br />ATI 64MB Video<br />~11 year old system still kicking :&gt

Re: Konqueror - Default Profile

Got it! Not unlike Windows, the profile is specified in the menu command. Sorry for the bother.
    Kubuntu 11.10<br />KDE 4.7.3<br />Athlon XP 2000<br />512 MB RAM<br />ATI 64MB Video<br />~11 year old system still kicking :&gt

Comment

You can also launch konqueror using different profiles, Kubuntu comes with two but you can always create new ones (with for example different toolbars).

To launch them, put as the command in the dialog box (or you can run this as a command)

konqueror --profile filemanagement

or

konqueror --profile webbrowser

or

konqueror --profile myprofile

That should be self explanitory.

Comment

Something I've been wondering - Kubuntu only supplies two profiles for Konqueror where the stock KDE installation has a half dozen or so. Does anyone have some insight into why the Kubuntu maintainers would do something like that?

Comment

They did that probably so new/regular desktop users won't be too confused by too many options. New users usually only need Konqueror for two things, a web browser, and a file manager. This is provided for by the 2 defaults. Intermediate/advanced users, who want other profiles, would have the knowledge of how to make them or restore them anyway. At least that's the way I see it. I'm not a Kubuntu dev, so I may be wrong.
          Jucato&#39;s Data Core

Comment

Originally posted by Lil_Eagle
            To launch them, put as the command in the dialog box (or you can run this as a command)

konqueror --profile filemanagement

or

konqueror --profile webbrowser

or

konqueror --profile myprofile

That should be self explanitory.
            That's interesting--What I did was edit the Kmenu and add a Konquorer item that said, "kfmclient openProfile 'My Profile'

So many ways to do something

Comment

Working...
            X