This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konqueror not using ark_part

I have Kubuntu 6.06 installed and cannot figure out how to get Konqueror to embed compressed archives (.tar.gz, .tgz, .tar.bz2, etc.) in Konqueror instead of opening them with Ark. I have the default action set to "open in embedded viewer" but when I go in to edit the settings in Konqueror, the ark_part viewer is not listed as an option. On my other machine (SuSE 10.0), it is listed as an option.

Interestingly, `locate ark_part` turns up
    Code:
    /usr/share/apps/ark/ark_part.rc
    /usr/share/apps/ark/ark_part_readonly.rc
    /usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde-profile/default/share/apps/ark/ark_part.rc
    /usr/share/services/ark_part.desktop
    And libarkpart shows up in
    Code:
    /usr/lib/kde3/libarkpart.la
    /usr/lib/kde3/libarkpart.so
    What do I need to do to make Konqueror show (and use) the ark_part embedded viewer as an option?

Re: Konqueror not using ark_part

1. Open up Konqueror and go to /usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde-profile/default/share/mimelnk/application/
    2. Either delete everything there or move them somewhere in your /home directory I prefer to copy them elsewhere, just in case I want them back. The FAQ recommended deleting them. Remember you have to actually remove or move those .desktop files. So you have to need root access.
    3. Restart Konqueror

If you decided to just remove them, here's the easier way

From http://www.kubuntu.org/faq.php#konqueror
    To enable Konqueror to open tar and zip files:
    Code:
    rm -r /usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde-profile/default/share/mimelnk/application/
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Re: Konqueror not using ark_part

Thanks, that did the trick. I was hoping it was something simple like that.

Comment

Working...
      X